Monday, August 31, 2009

Matthew - A Poop Prayer

yesterday afternoon, you had asked me if you could go up stairs and brush your teeth. we had just had lunch and we were all in the living room talking....i said yes and didn't go up with you to help you cuz i recently found out that you could climb up our bathroom counter by yourself.

a few minutes went by and I had'nt heard anything from you, so I went upstairs to see what you were up to ... hoping that our bathroom was still intact and that i wouldn't find toothpaste all over the mirror...i start to tip toe quietly because i can hear you talking...but you are not on the bathroom counter, you are in the "watercloset" sitting on the potty praying to God. I'm not exactly sure how long you were praying, but this is what i heard you say, "And God, thank you for helping me get all of this yucky stuff out of me (long pause)....ok, ok, You can go now God I'm done." And you were saying it in the most sincere way. (Come to find out you were asking Him to leave because it was stinky....Ha!) Then you called for me to help clean you up and I asked, "Matthew, were you praying?" and you said, "yes, and God helped me to get the poop out all by myself, see mom God helped me." and i said, "yes, God helps us when we ask him to, He answers our prayers." and you said, "yes mom, God helps us."

it was sooo sweet and so cute and so sincere! and I was so proud of you for not pooping your pants and putting yourself on that potty all by yourself to get the yucky stuff out, because God (and everyone else) only knows how long we've been working on this milestone with you :)

Love you,
Mommy

No comments: